About Me

My photo
Thanking God everyday for giving me such a good family and friends. This is an educational blog. I did this for my Digital and Mobile Communication subject. Feel free to visit this blog.

Monday 12 March 2012

FICKLE FRIENDS by KIRSTEN WEIR

For this week, I decided to read an article entitled “Fickle Friends” which written by Kirsten Weir. Weir is a science writer and editor who has an experience writing for newspapers, magazines, websites, and books that covering on topics from evolution and neurobiology. In this excerpt, she has written about her point of view about type of friends that known as “frenemies” that exist in this worldwide. The exact meaning of word “frenemies” is those who can be your friends; however at the same time that friends also can be your enemy.

Kirsten Weir

Have you ever experience a friend who will help you when you have a trouble but later on that “friend” will talk or gossiping about you without you knowing about that? As for me, I have experience that kind of situation throughout my life before this. It is kind of painful and bitter memories ever. That is what we called as “frenemies” since they can be by our side when we have difficulty but at the same time they will betray us. However, this is what I called as circle of life. It has been the most common thing that happened in our life nowadays.



QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

Human are an extremely social species. They thought it is important to have lots of friends than having good ones if they want to lead a happy life.For me, I think that the number of friends, on the other hand, had not given any significant effects towards human being.  What the use of having thousand of friends in your life, but yet it is hard for you to find friends that can be by your side when you were in trouble or not? But still, this sort of friends are very helpful for me in order to identify which one is the good and the bad friend ever throughout my life.

As conclusion, “frenemies” can be bad for your health but understanding these taxing relationships can make them less painful. It is all depends to us on how to manage these “frenemies”.

“No friendship is perfect, but frenemies are consistently imperfect”.



No comments:

Post a Comment